Big Local have an opportunity for an outreach worker, to carry out door to door outreach on Cleverly estate, starting in November 2016.
If you have strong outreach skills and local knowledge of the local area, we would love to hear from you. Committed to quality, equality and valuing diversity, we welcome applications that reflect the cultural diversity of the communities within which we work.
Location : Cleverly Estate and White City Community Centre.
Salary £15 per hour, based on 7 hours per week. Applicants must be registered as self-employed or prepared to register as self-employed to fulfil this sessional position. Advice can be given about self-employment.
Hours: 7 hours per week on a flexible basis. We would envisage 6-8 weeks work at 7 hours per week.
Details of responsibilities
- To carry out weekly door-knocking activity with a simple survey to find out what Cleverly residents want from Big Local, give them information about our upcoming events and activities and record residents’ answers in plain English.
- To register peoples’ interest in receiving information or volunteering with big local and to input this information into a contact database.
- Input survey data into online database
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Local community awareness
- A good command of the English language
- Ability to summarise key points simply and in plain English
- IT Literate, including Excel
- Ability to work independently
Apply with CV and Cover letter/ email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember to include your phone number on your CV.
For an informal discussion about this opportunity call Carly, Big Local Manager, on 07817 839 500
Deadline: Monday 7th November at 9am.
Interviews: will take place at White City Community Centre on Tuesday 8th November.