Dear Local Resident,
Would you like to make your community a better place to live, work and play?
We hope you know who we are already, but in case you don’t:
Big Local is a 10 year Resident-led Project funded by the National Lottery and Hammersmith United Charities- and it’s happening in your area! We are just starting our 5th year, and have delivered things like the W12 Festival, Community Chest Fund and Open Spaces Project. We are governed by a Partnership Board made up of mostly local people like you. The Partnership Board has overall responsibility for how our Big Local Plan is delivered, evaluated and changed, making sure that local voices are at the heart of the project. We currently have vacancies on our board for local residents.
Partnership Board Members need:
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort up to 6 meetings per year plus events.
- Strategic vision.
- Good, independent judgement.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Willingness to speak your mind.
- Understanding and acceptance of the duties, responsibilities and liabilities of committee membership (induction and training will be offered)
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
(We have members of staff who can help you with any of the above if you are interested but are not sure you currently have all of the above skills.)
If you are interested in hearing more about what the day-to-day role of a Board Member looks like, and are interested in putting yourself forward to help us to continue to make our Big Local a success, please get in touch with Big Local managers on 0208 743 4545, and ask for an Application Pack.
We really look forward to speaking to you.
www.facebook.com/our.biglocal / Twitter: @OurBigLocal